The terms & conditions –as defined below- apply to our services, directly or indirectly made available to you through whatever means, including online purchases, customer service requests or otherwise. By accessing, browsing and using our S.F CAR RENTAL website, you acknowledge and agree having read, understood and agreed to our terms and conditions.
1. Terms of Sale
Bookings made through S.F Car Rental Ltd website are subject to the terms below:
• All prices are listed in MUR or any other designated currency and is inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your order.
• The user will be required to read and accept the terms and conditions which are displayed on our website before making a purchase. Once the purchase has been made, the user and merchant will be bound by such terms and conditions and both parties will receive a purchase confirmation email.
• S.F Car Rental Ltd does not guarantee against pricing errors or issues with regards to programming and reserves the right, as its sole discretion, to not process or to cancel any orders placed for a product or service whose price was incorrectly posted or issues with programming that results is an error. If this occurs S.F Car Rental Ltd will notify you by email and or by phone and a full refund will be given. In addition, S.F Car Rental Ltd reserves the right, as its sole discretion, to correct any error in vehicle / model availability.
2. Conditions of Use
It is understood that the vehicle shall be used in full compliance of the road regulations in Mauritius. The company shall deliver the vehicle in good running conditions and an inspection sheet shall be duly signed by both parties. The signed inspection sheet by the client and S.F Car Rental Ltd designated representative shall be used as reference to the condition of the vehicle, items and accessories and shall be binding in case of dispute.
3. Accidents and Damage
• In case of accident, the client will bear the cost insurance policy excess. In case of the vehicle was driven unlawfully and that the insurance does not entertain such claims, the client be shall solely responsible for any damages/claims arising thereof.
• Loss or damage to the vehicle/its equipment /accessories including but not limited to wheel jack, tools, antenna, wipers and any damages arising from the negligence of the client or its designated representatives will be charged to the client.
• The client shall immediately notify the company about any faults, anomalies or issues noted on the vehicle. Upon being notified the company shall indicate to the client the appropriate course of action.
4. Other Provisions
• Fuel cost will be borne by client.
• The client shall be solely liable for any driving offences established against them or its designated representatives.
• The client or its designated representatives is prohibited from driving the hired vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medicines or other substances which can have any perception and ability, or allows such an effected person to operate the motor vehicles.
• Payment can only be valid if effected by Credit Card (I.e Visa card or Master Card)
• Under no circumstances will S.F Car Rental Ltd be liable for any kind of commission that your bank might charge you.
• You guarantee that the credit card details are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost.
• After placing your order, your credit card shall automatically be debited with the full amount due upon logging out of your account.
6. Booking Confirmation
• Once you have made the payment, a booking confirmation will be maid by email. It is of your duty to provide us with an accurate email address. If you do not receive a confirmation email, you should contact our Reservation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Our booking confirmation email will serve as proof of valid purchase and will contain relevant information about the hiring of car or services concerned. Pleas read and check carefully all the information contained in your booking confirmation email to ensure that it conforms to your reservation. If there is any discrepancies to the details, we request that you inform email@example.com immediately by phone or by contacting our reservation department that Is open Monday–Saturday from 9am to 16pm.
• You are required to produce your Reservation Confirmation to our designated company representatives as well as valid driving license and passport. Please note that identification of the person whose name is on purchase must be provided when hiring a car or other services.
7. Cancellation Policy
All booking can be cancelled by phone +23054908141 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org before the start of the rental period. However S.F Car Rental Ltd applies a cancellation / no show policy on all the rates as follows:
• If the cancellation is done 2 days before the start of the rental period, refund of 50% of the rental amount will apply.
• No refund will be done if there is a no show status from the client.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly agree that use of this site is at your own risk. Neither S.F Car Rental LTD, directors or employees, warranty that use of the site will be uninterrupted or error free, nor do they make any warranty as to:
• The results that may be obtained from use of this site, or
• The accuracy, completeness reliability or content of any information (including, but not limited to, product descriptions, services, products, deals, or statements as defined above) provided through this site. The site and all content, statements and other information contained on the site and products and services accessible or available through the site are made accessible or available on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
S.F Car Rental LTD hereby disclaims and all representations, warranties and conditions, whether express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the content, statements or other information contained on the site, or the products or services accessible or available through the site, including, but not limited to, those of title non infringement, merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Applicable Law & Arbitration
This agreement shall be construed I accordance with and governed by the laws of Mauritius. The parties irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Mauritian Courts of purpose of any proceedings relating to this Agreement and waive any objection to the convenience of any such court.
Any provision of this Agreement, which is prohibited or unenforceable, shall be effectively only to the extent of such prohibition or enforceability, without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
• Collision Damage Waiver – Included in the rates
The CDW limits the renter´s financial liability for accidental damage to the hired vehicle. The responsibility for the first Rs30,000 (VAT incl.) is reduced to Rs 15,000 (VAT incl.) on all categories. We provide cover subject to compliance with the general rental terms and conditions. This insurance is applicable only if Collision Damage Waiver has been contracted first.
11. Optional Services
• Airport surcharge
• A fee of Rs 500 (VAT incl.)is applicable for any delivery of collection effected at the airport.
• Additional Driver
• Only the driver indicated on the rental agreement is authorised to drive the vehicle. Any additional driver should be mentioned upon delivery of the vehicle. An extra fee of Rs 416 (VAT incl.) is applicable per rental. For drivers additional drivers under 25 years, an extra fee of Rs208 (VAT incl.) per day to a maximum of Rs 2764 (VAT incl.) per rental is applicable.
The fee is as follows:
• Weekdays and Weekends Rs 3000 per day + petrol additional.
• Car seat: Rs 150 per day.
• GPS: Rs 150 per day
12. Delivery and Collection
An extra fee is applicable as follows:
• Weekdays: Rs 500 (VAT incl.) per trip
• Weekend & Public Holiday: extra fee of Rs 750 (VAT incl.) per trip.
13. Cancellation of a Reservation
• S.F Car Rental will allows customers to cancel a prepaid reservation online by the ´Modify/Cancel` reservation page.
• A full refund of the prepaid reservation, after deduction of 3% bank charges, will be made:
a) If the cancellation is made 72 hours prior to pick up time.
b) Less an administrative fee of Rs 2,000 + 3 % bank charges if the cancellation is made less than 72 hours before pick up time.
• Cancellation on the spot:
a) 1 day rental = no refund effected
b) 2-5 days rental = one full day rental + 3% bank charges will be charged
c) 6 days rental or more = 50 % of full rental amount + 3 % bank charges will be charged
• Refunds will be made to the credit card that the original booking was made on.
• Refunds are returned 10 – 14 working days (excluding weekends) after return if vehicle.
14. Changes at Time pick Up
If at the time of vehicle collection you wish to rent a larger car or rent for a longer period, you may do so, subject to availability, on payment of additional charges. Such charges may be at a higher rate than those previous quoted.
15. Early Reservation
Please note that we are unable to give a refund if you return the vehicle early.
16. Refueling Service Charge
Petrol is at renter´s charge. The rental vehicle is supplied with a half tank of fuel in case of the vehicle is collected without a half tank, 10% surcharge will be claimed over and above the chargeable amount + VAT.
17. Parking Fines and Traffic
The renter is fully responsible for any fine or other consequences of the violation of traffic regulations, parking orders or prohibitions or nay laws or regulations during the rental.
Rentals will be carried out according to the Terms & Conditions of S.F Car Rental LTD. Rental agreement to be signed by the renter at the time and place of rental.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• 21 years. For drivers under 25 years, a surcharge is applicable (please refer to `Young Driver Surcharge`)
Any foreign valid driving licence. At least one year old, is acceptable in Mauritius.
The rental is on 24 hour basis, minimum rental period 48 hours / 2 days.
• Half of daily rate will be claimed if returned time exceeds 1 hour.
• An additional day will be charged if returned time exceeds 3 hours.
• Call out Rs 1000 + cost of repairs, if it is from the client negligence.